How to Apply
Apply to this opportunity by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will continue to accept applications until the position is filled. We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those selected for further screening/interview will be contacted.
OECM is committed to the health and safety of our staff and customers. OECM complies with all public health measures and has implemented various safety protocols, including a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. OECM’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy requires all employees, officers, directors, contractors and visitors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to attending OECM’s workplace. Click here for more information.
Diversity and Inclusion
In accordance with OECM’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion Statement, OECM recognizes and embraces the value of diversity at all levels within the organization. Diversity is an important consideration in identifying and assessing candidates in conjunction with a merit-based approach. Therefore, we encourage BIPOC applicants (i.e., Black, Indigenous, and Persons of Colour) to apply. If your experience is close to what is listed in this package, please still consider applying.
OECM is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
We’re recruiting for a Category Manager to join our team!
Reporting to the Senior Supplier Relationship Manager, (SSRM), the Category Manager works in the capacity of team lead to coordinate the day-to-day activities in support of the SSRM’s portfolio of products and services.
$80,000 to $110,000 per annum
- Assumes role of subject matter expert on all contract management-related activities within the assigned category by implementing leading contract management practices.
- Provides day-to-day, functional direction, advice and guidance to team members.
Identifies Contract Management Requirements
- Identifies and drafts requirements for contract terms and conditions regarding supplier performance, reporting, billing, etc.; ensuring they are incorporated into business requirements for RFX documents.
- Participates in negotiation of agreement terms and conditions throughout the term of the agreements as required.
- Leads the Supplier Partner Orientation Program for assigned category agreements.
- Develops content for supplier orientation programs in collaboration with other Category Managers and in consultation with the SSRM.
- Delivers content to supplier partners about key requirements e.g. reporting requirements and timelines, format and timing of business reviews, process for resolving issues, etc.
Contract Monitoring and Compliance
- Acts as the primary liaison with supplier partners regarding all aspects of the category agreements.
- Uses Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and service level agreements (SLAs) to monitor supplier performance and consistent adherence to Master Agreements.
- Consults with colleagues and experts appropriately to interpret contract terms and conditions.
- Leads the resolution of contractual disputes and implements corrective action.
- Identifies risks regarding contract compliance and implements viable solutions to mitigate risks, in consultation with the SSRM.
- Ensures SSRM is kept informed on all aspects of agreements, contract renewals, changes due to amendments to the agreement.
- Seeks opportunity for growth with supplier partners and ensures SSRM is kept informed.
- Ensures suppliers segmentation exercise is aligned with the business’ needs.
Contract Renewals, Closeouts and Transitions
- Leads and facilitates contract negotiation discussions with supplier partners by preparing the plan for negotiating contract renewals and amendments.
- Conducts and documents the negotiation with the supplier to ensure the consistent meeting of customer needs, contract compliance and OECM’s business objectives.
- Prepares plans and update forms to communicate changes in contracts e.g. terminations, extensions, scope changes etc. to customers and other stakeholders.
- Manages the contract transition and close out plans as required working closely with suppliers and the CRM team.
Contract Analysis, Audit, and Reporting
- Prepares briefing notes based on input from analyst and contact specialist for all contractual activities.
- Provides input into forecasting potential spend for contracts being managed.
- Acts as the primary category contact among the supplier relationship team ensuring that all contractual matters are addressed efficiently and promptly.
- Addresses all compliance issues, reports variances, and reconciles accounts.
- Provides reporting and briefings to the SSRM and other business groups as required regarding contract status and potential concerns.
Other Duties as Assigned
- Participates in the development of the overall strategic sourcing plan, business growth strategies, and other plans as required.
Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in Business Administration, Law or related field and/or completion of a recognized Supply Chain Management designation
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in supply chain management, with an emphasis on supplier and category management, preferably in a public sector environment
- A strong knowledge of, or experience with Information Technology products and services would be considered an asset
- Comprehensive understanding of Ontario’s legislative framework regarding commercial contract law, compliance and risk, and related contract management methods
- Strong understanding of supply chain management practices, business analytics principles, methodologies and techniques
- Familiarity with the Ontario Broader Public Sector’s (BPS) Procurement Directive, and relevant trade agreements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to lead teams
- Well-developed ability to self-motivate and work with minimal supervision
- Highly attentive to detail
- Propensity for working in high-pressure, time-sensitive work environments
- Discreet when working with sensitive and confidential information
OECM is a great place to work. Employees thrive in a collaborative and supportive work environment; enjoy a comprehensive and competitive total compensation package, excellent career growth and professional development opportunities, and a dynamic people-focused company culture that supports work/life balance.
OECM currently offers flexible work arrangements and will continue to monitor and explore flexible work arrangements to meet our staff’s work / life balance needs.