We have an opportunity available for a Senior Marketing and Communications Specialist!
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Marketing and Communications, the Senior Marketing and Communications Specialist works closely with OECM’s management and staff to develop and execute a variety of marketing and communications initiatives, using the appropriate communications channels to build brand awareness, promote OECM’s value proposition, and help meet OECM’s business objectives.
$75,000 to $85,000 per annum
In support of the development and delivery of OECM’s customer-centric business model, the Senior Marketing and Communications Specialist shall:
- Lead and manage planning, development, drafting and distribution of content for traditional and digital marketing and communications mediums (e.g., business-to-business (B2B) communications, blogs, flyers, video storyboards, e-mail marketing content and templates, newsletters, brochures, case studies, white papers, etc.).
- Generate executive communications (e.g., governance materials, presentations, media advisories, media briefs, press releases, media contact list, executive/speakers’ briefs)
- Assist with development and execution of community outreach plans – including:
- Coordinating OECM events and OECM’s participation in events as presenter and/or delegate
- Assessing strategic sponsorship opportunities
- Assist with ongoing maintenance of the Marketing and Communications Calendar of Events;
- Assist with internal communications, including change management initiatives
- Perform regular website maintenance, including information updates and corrections, new customer registrations, and quality assurance (QA)
- Assist with the development and implementation of integrated content strategies, incorporating social media (e.g., LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook) strategies to help increase engagement and support brand awareness goals
- Project management/coordination skills, ability to handle multiple projects concurrently, prioritize and adapt to fast-paced environment
- Assist in the implementation of new projects: e.g., Ministry of Government and Consumer Services (MGCS) funded projects, Web 2.0 – encompassing QA;
- Conduct lead generation activities to help build OECM’s database of customer contacts – adhering to Canada’s Anti-spam Legislation (CASL)
- Ensure continuing compliance with CASL and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) through the implementation of OECM’s marketing and communications initiatives
- Analyze, interpret and report on website performance, including conversion from outbound communications, referrals from external websites and social media platforms
- Quantify and analyze campaign results and make recommendations on improving or increasing the success of marketing efforts
- Create and manage repository of customer testimonials, for use in traditional and digital communications
- Source graphic images for creative development and production of digital and traditional marketing and communications materials
- Create repository for graphic images, including supplier logos
- Conduct market and industry research – as required
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- Post-secondary degree, certificate or diploma in marketing, marketing/graphic design, public relations, communications or a related field
- 7 years relevant experience
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Skill and experience in writing content, news releases and messaging for specific audiences
- Experience with content development/production, and community management (combination of writing, PR/communications, and social media) is an asset
- Firm grasp of various marketing platforms, channels, and best practices (i.e. social, digital, and email marketing)
- Proficiency/experience with Microsoft Office products including business management software and applications (i.e. Dynamics 365, Microsoft Teams, etc.)
- Direct experience with graphic design (In Design, Illustrator, Adobe Suite), Web page, and other marketing-related software tools, including WordPress, Drupal, Mailchimp, social network programs, etc.
- Experience with Google Analytics, ability to generate, interpret and present data
- Understanding of search engine marketing (SEM) and search engine optimization (SEO) principles, solid knowledge of emerging technology (social, video, mobile) and their applications in a public sector and/or not-for-profit setting
- Excellent interpersonal, skills, combined with a flair for presenting
- Excellent content writing skills
- Self-learner who takes initiative to learn new things and acquire new skills required to effectively promote OECM
- Exceptional organizational, multi-tasking and prioritizing skills
- Photography/video skills (shooting and editing) considered an asset
What We Offer
OECM is a great place to work. Employees thrive in a collaborative and supportive work environment; enjoy a comprehensive and competitive total compensation package, excellent career growth and professional development opportunities, and a dynamic people-focused company culture. OECM currently offers flexible work arrangements and will continue to monitor and explore flexible work arrangements to meet our staff’s work / life balance needs. OECM’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy requires all employees, officers, directors, contractors and visitors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to attending OECM’s workplace. Click here for more information.
Diversity and Inclusion
In accordance with OECM’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion Statement, OECM recognizes and embraces the value of diversity at all levels within the organization. Diversity is an important consideration in identifying and assessing candidates in conjunction with a merit-based approach. Therefore, we encourage BIPOC applicants (i.e., Black, Indigenous, and Persons of Colour) to apply. If your experience is close to what is listed in this posting, please still consider applying.
Apply to this opportunity by sending your resume to email@example.com. We will continue to accept applications until the position is filled. We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those selected for further screening/interview will be contacted. OECM is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code.