How to Apply
Apply to this opportunity by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will continue to accept applications until the positions are filled. OECM’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy requires all employees, officers, directors, contractors and visitors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to attending OECM’s workplace. Click here for more information.
Diversity and Inclusion
In accordance with OECM’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion Statement, OECM recognizes and embraces the value of diversity at all levels within the organization. Diversity is an important consideration in identifying and assessing candidates in conjunction with a merit-based approach. Therefore, we encourage BIPOC applicants (i.e., Black, Indigenous, and Persons of Colour) to apply. If your experience is close to what is listed in this posting, please still consider applying.
OECM is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
We are recruiting for a Sourcing Analysts to join our team!
$60,000 to $68,000 per annum
1. Annual Sourcing Plan
- Designs, develops and administers surveys from sector associations/committee representatives, e.g., IT, finance, HR, facilities and operations, etc., to determine their business needs.
- Consolidates data/information and prepares reports of results as input into the strategy for confirming and validating the types of products and services to be added to OECM’s Marketplace.
2. Go-To-Market Strategies
Market Research and Analysis
- Designs and executes market research plans and processes.
- Analyzes and reports findings from all market research data and information, e.g., spend, usage, etc., to proactively anticipate market opportunities and barriers
- Ensures that all relevant information is incorporated and integrated into analyses
- Prepares summary reports and presents information to:
- gain understanding and provide value-added insights to customers and potential suppliers; identifies and quantifies the information gathered for both the Sourcing and Business Relationship teams and other key stakeholders as required.
- enhance and improve current market knowledge of specific commodities, services and/or categories.
- support the development of price and product refresh strategies during the agreement management lifecycle.
- provides actionable recommendations that will drive decisions regarding successful “Go-to-Market” strategies;
Excellence in Strategic Sourcing and Procurement
- Supports the Sourcing Manager with the full-cycle sourcing and procurement process: market analysis, financial reporting and forecasting, RFX preparation, price and bid analysis, facilitates the evaluation of supplier proposals; price and bid analysis
3. Information Management
- Maintains records, databases and files on Master Agreements, rates, suppliers, volumes; ensures active contracts are recorded and expired contracts are removed
- Investigates and resolves or escalates issues with respect to data quality, unusual transactions, incomplete data, and/or outstanding items;
4. Business Analytics
- Conducts analyses of price/product comparisons of OECM products and services; interprets, prepares and presents data to OECM Managers, and / or customers and / or suppliers in a timely way to support decision-making
- Ensures managers are up to date at all times regarding any issues and potential risks to client / supplier relationships.
- Prepare forecasts from suppliers / clients and provides analysis on projected estimated spend / usage for agreements.
5. Support to Effective Portfolio Management
- Investigates, reviews and analyzes supply market data, product/service and spend information from OECM supplier partner agreements on a monthly/quarterly basis for an allocated portfolio of products and services
- Performs supplier, market and category analysis from supplier usage reports.
- Manages queries, conducts analyses to support agreement extensions, pricing refreshes
- Consolidates findings and present summary to the Business Relationship Group Manager (BRG) manager for input into OECM’s quarterly roll-up of spend forecasts in order to monitor progress against OECM’s institutional spend targets;
- Logs and track all CSAs and queries through to successful resolution.
- Advises BRG managers on all aspects of agreements, consumption and associated queries while maintaining high levels of quality in preparation for ongoing supplier performance review meetings
- Monitors customer consumption profiles and provides reports and analysis as required
6. Continuous Improvement
- Maintains an awareness of best practices to improve/ refine processes that may increase productivity and/or correct any deficiencies.
- Develops and maintains relevant procedures and practices.
- Identifies inefficiencies with current processes and systems and suggests ideas for improvements; presents recommendations for improvement that will positively impact on operational effectiveness
Skills and Qualifications
- Business Analysis Certificate from an accredited post- secondary institution or a Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) designation
- Experience in public sector procurement practices and methods is an asset
- Knowledge of and understanding of business analytics principles, methodologies and techniques, including reporting frameworks, performance scorecards, key performance indicators, statistics, relational database concepts and tools
- Knowledge of planning, forecasting and analysis
- Knowledge of savings validation methodologies
- Strong attention to detail combined with data-driven problem-solving skills to find appropriate solutions;
- Flexible, self-starter with high desire to learn and refine approaches to increase impact
- Innate curiosity and dissatisfaction with the status quo to generate ideas and solve issues
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic individual who demonstrates the ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment while constantly promoting teamwork
- Ability to change direction quickly and effectively and thrive in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment; calm positive attitude under pressure
- Ability to create reporting models of customer spend to manage OECM revenue expectations
- Passion for service excellence
- Exercises discretion when working with sensitive and confidential information
What We Offer
OECM is a great place to work. Employees thrive in a collaborative and supportive work environment; enjoy a comprehensive and competitive total compensation package, excellent career growth and professional development opportunities, and a dynamic people-focused company culture that supports work/life balance.
OECM currently offers flexible work arrangements and will continue to monitor and explore flexible work arrangements to meet our staff’s work / life balance needs.