OECM is currently looking for two (2) executive-level advisory representatives of Ontario’s Broader Public Sector to join our Customer Council Committee.
In 2017, OECM established the first Customer Council Committee (CCC) as a critical step in our business transformation journey and to support a renewed focus on the customer experience. The Customer Council Committee works to embed OECM’s strategic priority of “Customer-Centric Services” by acting as a “pipeline” for customer engagement and influence at the Board level.
The goal of the Council is to provide a conduit for integrated Service Governance at the Board level, by creating a forum for executive-level leaders from OECM’s customer communities to provide their strategic input and recommendations regarding:
- Setting strategic directions, goals and objectives and measuring business success related to enhancing the customer experience, e.g., customer relationship and service delivery strategies,
- OECM’s business plans and the delivery of product and services, ensuring alignment with customers’ business priorities and plans,
- Creating sector trusted advisors and advocates of key customer priorities and OECM’s value proposition.
The Council is comprised of three (3) OECM Board members and up to 14 leaders from executive-level organizations* – representing the following four (4) OECM customer communities:
- Up to four (4) representatives of the School Board sector
- Up to four (4) representatives of the College sector
- Up to four (4) representatives of the University sector
- Up to two (2) representatives of the Broader Public and Not-for-Profit (NFP) Sectors.
∗ Examples of executive-level organizations include OASBO, COU and COP.
Executive-level leaders must exhibit the following:
- Is respected for his/her personal and professional integrity and judgment
- Effective communication skills
- Team effectiveness
- Collaboration skills: i.e., has a collegial working relationship
- Commitment to OECM’s vision of service excellence – by contributing to sustaining and growing OECM as a viable Not-for-profit (NFP) Group Procurement Organization (GPO)
- Has no direct or indirect material relationship with OECM: i.e., is not a funder, vendor, or employee of OECM
- Can serve without any pre-existing conflict of interest/duty to another organization
- Has the time, energy and interest to assume this role
Essential Senior Leadership Competencies
Viewed as a system thinker and credible strategic resource in representing their community’s needs and concerns in contributing either from their organization’s experience as a customer, or as a member of a council/association:
- Involved in or have influence over sourcing and procurement decisions
- Involved in/interested in/concerned about collaboration and& partnership with OECM – from their sector’s perspective
- Operate at a level where they are aware of strategic priorities or pending change initiatives that may impact their organization’s or their community’s business needs
- Demonstrate the ability to constructively and effectively challenge and find solutions to service issues
- Have no direct or indirect material relationship with OECM: i.e., is not a funder, vendor, or employee of OECM
- Able to serve without any pre-existing conflict of interest/duty to another organization
As a Board Appointed Committee Member:
- You must be available to attend a minimum of four meetings a year, each with a duration ranging from two hours to one full day,
- Fifty percent (50%) of each community member will be appointed for one (1) two (2) year term, with the possibility of one (1) two (2) year extension, and the other 50% will be appointed for one (1) three (3) year term – with the possibility of one (1) two (2) year extension,
- You are eligible for reimbursement of per-diem and out-of-pocket expenses, including travel and accommodation – as per OECM’s Director Remuneration Policy.
Review the Customer Council Committee’s Terms of Reference for more details.
Please complete the Expression of Interest application package to be considered for membership on OECM’s Customer Council Committee.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for screening and interviews will be contacted. OECM is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code.