OECM has been busy on the virtual conference circuit! Canada’s largest collaborative event for the procurement industry, the 2021 Supply Chain Canada National Conference was held virtually from October 18 – October 22. OECM was a sponsor, presenter, and exhibitor at the conference, and participated in an exclusive panel discussion titled, Pivoting in an Uncertain Environment – A look at the key components of an effective Supply Chain. The panel was comprised of OECM’s Director of Customer Relationship Management, Jim Hadjiyianni, Director of Sourcing Solutions, Perry Arzumanian, and Director of Supplier Relationship Management, Pooja Nagra. Long-standing OECM Board Member and Chair of our Customer Council Committee (CCC), Kevin Kobus, facilitated the discussion.
Titled The Future of Supply Chain is Now, this year’s conference focused on key themes that explored the different facets of the supply chain. These were categorized as:
- The Resilient Supply Chain (volatility and disruption caused by natural/manmade disasters, pandemics, labour disruptions, etc.)
- The Digital Supply Chain (digitization, AI, e-commerce, Supply Chain as a Service, etc.)
- The Secure Supply Chain (cybersecurity, data breaches, anti-trust legislation, privacy protection)
- The Sustainable Supply Chain (ESCG regulations, carbon emissions, water shortages, deforestation)
- The Talented Supply Chain (diversity, changing organizational structure, evolving skill requirements)
Read a detailed overview on OECM’s panel presentation here.