OECM collaborates with MGCS on cleaning supplies and PPE delivery to support reopening of schools
OECM has been collaborating with the Ministry of Government and Consumer Services (MGCS) to identify and encourage our supplier partners to help in the acquisition of products and services required to support the fight against COVID-19. In the Spring/Summer issue of this newsletter, we talked about our work as part of the Ontario government’s taskforce to support the fight against COVID-19. Since then, we have continued to encourage and facilitate a two-way line of communication between our supplier partners and customers and continue to ask supplier partners to let us know if they have any products available so that we can share this information with MGCS.
As part of this work, OECM is already beginning to take on category management, assisting MGCS with demand and supply planning for cleaning products, focusing on further analytics and development of strategies to respond to this need. OECM will evolve to support this transition to category centralization, implementing new structures and resources to ensure ongoing success.
Additional ways we’ve been supporting our customers
Some of our additional highlighted achievements include:
- Procured approximately $10 million in PPE and related products for use in Healthcare and Education
- Secured 4.55 million masks for School Boards and childcare centres through OECM’s Non-Medical Grade Masks Agreement
- Coordinated distribution to childcare centres and all 72 School Boards for delivery before school openings
- Secured and coordinated a donation of 20,000, 3.57L units of bleach to Ontario’s Long Term Care Homes
- 257+ submissions through OECM’s efforts and growing
We are proud of the work we have done so far and will continue to provide continued support to our customers. If you have any questions about how OECM can further support you at this time, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Customer Support Team.