Quality Services Compliant with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines for More Inclusive and Accessible Service Delivery
TORONTO, ON – OECM and eCampusOntario are pleased to announce the completion of a procurement process to secure supplier partners for audio video captioning and transcription services for Ontario colleges and universities. The offer extends to all OECM customers.
Through its Educational Technology Shared Services survey with Ontario colleges and universities, eCampusOntario responded to the institutions’ desire for easily accessible, professional services to support their commitment to providing equitable, inclusive, and accessible communications to enhance learning.
The awarded supplier partners are:
The services available through these supplier partners under OECM’s Audio Video Captioning and Transcription Services agreement include the following:
Services that make content accessible for all audiences
- English and French (Open and Closed) Captioning Services
- English and French Transcription Services
- English and French Audio Description Services
- English and French Real-Time Captioning Services
Expertise and experience that ensure compliance to accessibility guidelines
- Compliance to Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0)
- Meet current and future requirements of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (“AODA”) and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (“WCAG”)
Professional and timely support to ensure smooth day-to-day operations
- Support and response to questions and issues that arise from daily operations>
An information session about this agreement will be held on August 12 at 2:00 pm EST. To register, click here.
eCampusOntario is a provincially-funded non-profit organization that leads a consortium of the province’s 45 public colleges and universities to develop and test online learning tools to advance the use of education technology and digital learning environments.