Expiration: October 1, 2025. OECM has the option to extend the Master Agreement for two (2) additional periods of up to two (2) years each.
Early Reading Screening Tools
The Early Reading Screening Tools agreement offers evidence-based English and French language early reading screening tools to provide information on the possible reading difficulties of students in Year 2 of Kindergarten, Grade 1 and Grade 2. These tools are designed to assess each foundational reading skill against a benchmark, have good psychometric properties (i.e., reliability and validity), aggregate student data, and provide immediate information so it can be used by teachers to inform instruction.
The agreements will support the provincial government’s investment of $25 million (for the 2023-24 and 2024-25 school year), to allow school boards to purchase licenses for evidence-based early reading screening tools.
The agreement was developed in collaboration with the Ministry of Education and with various project advisors including Dyslexia Canada, International Dyslexia Association (IDA) Ontario, Ontario Institute for Studies in Education of the University of Toronto, and the University of British Columbia.
All early reading screening tools provided in this agreement comply with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA) and Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA), and adhere to Ontario and Canadian privacy and security standards.
These agreements are available under two (2) categories:
- Category A: English Language Assessment
- Category B: French Language Assessment
Awarded Supplier Partners
Click on an awarded supplier partner’s name, ordered alphabetically in the column on the left, to view complete supplier details, contact information, as well as relevant agreement documents including the Master Agreement (MA), Customer-Supplier Agreement (CSA), and other related materials, as applicable.
Category A – English Language Assessment
Category B – French Language Assessment
Category A – English Language Assessment
What You’ll Get
Comprehensive Screening of Reading Skills
- Evidence-based screening for early identification of risks in students’ foundational reading skills
- Screening capabilities, which will assess each age-appropriate foundational reading skill against a benchmark for information on risks in student’s foundational reading skills
Efficient Student Screening and Reporting
- Statistically reliable and valid screening data
- Immediate results in a composite percentile rank for each student
- Comprehensive reporting that furnishes individual data, including raw scores, standard scores, percentiles, ranked order position, and student’s foundational reading skill levels
User-Friendly Design and Ease of Administration
- Intuitive, accessible, and user-friendly interface and design
- Easy-to-learn, use, and navigate
- Average duration of 15 minutes or less per screening
- Can be administered within the classroom setting
Compliant with Accessibility Requirements
- Systems conform to Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA)
Training and Ongoing Support and Services
- Various training formats available for an additional fee, including accessible options like computer-based, instructor-led, online, train-the-trainer, and remote and onsite training
- Ongoing technical support services
How To Get Started
How to Get Started with RFP Agreements
Products and Services
- Reading screening tools
- Score reports
- Progress monitoring
- Universal screening
- Online administration
- Individual administration
- School Board
- Dyslexia Canada
- International Dyslexia Association (IDA) Ontario
- Ontario Institute for Studies in Education of the University of Toronto
- University of British Columbia
Choosing Your Supplier
To truly gain a competitive advantage, OECM strongly believes it’s advantageous for you to work with a single strategic supplier partner, for core requirements, wherever possible. This approach ensures a strong, value-added relationship with many advantages, including exceptional supplier responsiveness; improved interoperability; immediate access to innovation and new technology; time and cost-saving process improvements; access to training, and more.
Remember, OECM is always available to help you analyze your core product needs and identify the strategic supplier partner best suited to meet your short, medium and long term goals.
SRP Customer Satisfaction Survey
As a valued customer with direct purchasing experience with our Supplier Partners, your feedback in the Supplier Recognition Program is crucial. Customer feedback is one of the focus areas used for SRP evaluations and survey (Net Promoter Score, NPS) is used for a customer feedback mechanism. The survey includes the list of suppliers who are eligible to participate in each year’s SRP. Survey result will be collected and shared back with the supplier partner by OECM.
Sign In / Create New Account
New Users (Eligible Customers Only)
Registering provides you with many benefits, such as access to
- Products and Services Management
- Watch List
- Saved Categories
- Agreement History
If you have forgotten your password, click the “Reset Password” button above. OECM will send instructions to the indicated email address.
Don’t yet have an OECM user account?